All non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of English language proficiency by meeting one of the following options:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)—Minimum score of 500 ITP (paper-delivered TOEFL) or 61 iBT (Internet-delivered TOEFL). Official score should be sent to Gadsden State, institution code 1262. Scores are only valid for two years.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 5.5.
- STEP (Society for Testing English Proficiency) Eiken score Pre-First
- Alabama Language Institute (ALI): Students who study in ALI may meet the language requirement by completing all specified advanced level classes with a grade of A or B.
- Completion of English Composition: Students transferring from another U.S. institution may meet the English language proficiency requirement through completion of at least 3 credit hours in English Composition (101) with a grade of “C” or higher.
This policy applies to all non-native English speakers entering GSCC who have not received an American high school diploma or GED taken in English. Contact the Admissions Office for more information: P.O. Box 227, Gadsden, AL 35902; telephone 256.549.8324; email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here for more information.