Gadsden State Community College (GSCC) awards the appropriate degree or certificate to a student who has completed the approved program of study, attained a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative grade point average over all coursework attempted at GSCC, and earned at least 25 percent of the credit hours required for the degree or certificate at GSCC.
1. In meeting the requirement for a 2.0 cumulative grade point average over all coursework attempted at GSCC, a course may be counted only once.
2. A student is not required to pay graduation fees or participate in commencement ceremonies in order to be designated as a graduate on the transcript.
3. The appropriate instructional officer shall approve the formal award when the student meets all requirements for graduation.
4. Transcripts will not be provided to a student nor forwarded to any other institution or organization until after the student has fulfilled all financial obligations to the college.
A student may elect to graduate under any Gadsden State degree plan in effect during his or her enrollment, the date of the earliest degree plan not to exceed four years prior to the date of anticipated graduation. Some programs, such as nursing, have policies that are more rigorous. These exceptions appear under the degree requirements listed for each program.
To receive a diploma or participate in the commencement exercises of the institution, a student must comply with formal procedures for graduation in accordance with the College policies as follows:
- Submit an Application for Graduation on or before the published deadline.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to Gadsden State.
- Satisfy requirements as stated in the current College catalog at the time of graduation, or as stated in any of the catalogs from the four (4) previous academic years.