- Gadsden State Community College is committed to providing both employment and educational environments free of harassment in any form. Employees shall adhere to the highest ethical standards and professionalism and refrain from any form of harassment. Both employees and students shall strive to promote an environment that fosters personal integrity where the worth and dignity of each human being is respected. Any practice or behavior that constitutes harassment shall not be tolerated.
- Harassment can be defined as but is not limited to:
- Disturbing conduct which is repetitive;
- Threatening conduct;
- Intimidating conduct;
- Inappropriate or offensive slurs, jokes, language, or other verbal, graphic, or other like conduct;
- Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or sexual based offenses;
- Repeated contact solicited during non-traditional business hours which may be perceived as harassment by the recipient unless it is specifically associated with work related duties.
- Employees and students who are found in violation of this policy shall be disciplined as deemed appropriate by the investigating authority.
- Harassment of employees or students by non-employees is also a violation of this policy.
- This policy encourages faculty, students, and employees who believe that they have been the victims of harassment to contact the Title IX Coordinator, Director of Human Resources or President at the institution within ten days of when the alleged incident occurred. Any reprisals shall be reported immediately to the Title IX Coordinator, Director of Human Resources or President. Any employee or student who becomes aware of any harassment shall report the incident to the Title IX Coordinator, Director of Human Resources or President. Failure to act, which includes initial investigation, shall be deemed in direct violation of this policy.
- This policy shall be distributed, communicated, and implemented in a manner which provides all interested parties the opportunity to be informed of this policy. A College-wide educational program shall be utilized to assist all members of the College community to understand, prevent and combat harassment. Gadsden State Community College will provide annual training related to harassment, including sexual harassment.
Complaints or Reports concerning sexual harassment should be made, processed and addressed under the Title IX Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedures.