Advisors – East Broad Campus: Elizabeth Howard (256.549.8336) firstname.lastname@example.org;
NOTICE(s): Gadsden State Community College’s Paralegal Program is approved by the American Bar Association. Legal specialty courses transferred from regionally accredited programs must be evaluated by the program coordinator to ensure that the content of the course is comparable to the Gadsden State course before acceptance. It is the responsibility of the student to verify the transferability of credit in this program to a senior institution with the appropriate senior institution advisor.
- The Paralegal Program is a Selective Admission Program.
- Legal specialty courses taken at ABA-approved schools will transfer automatically to equivalent Gadsden State courses if the student has a grade of C or above in the course.
- Legal specialty courses from non-ABA schools in Alabama will be evaluated by the program director to determine if credit will be awarded.
- Legal studies courses from non-ABA out-of-state programs will not be considered for transfer credit.
- Transfer credit for Paralegal courses will be limited to six (6) semester credit hours.
- A student must take at least ten (10) semester credit hours in the legal specialty courses in a traditional classroom setting.
- These policies are published in the Paralegal Brochure, the Paralegal webpage, and the GSCC catalog.
- Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public, except as permitted by law.
Humanities and Fine Arts
Pre-Professional, Pre-Major and Electives
* PRL 101 and PRL 102 are corequisites AND prerequisites to other legal specialty courses.